Calgary – Award-winning broadcast journalist Lis Travers will share stories with a Calgary audience in February on the adrenalin rush that comes with putting a daily television news magazine show together.
Travers, executive producer CANADA AM since 2004, will be the keynote speaker kicking off the Enbridge Famous 5 Speakers Series on Feb. 11, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Calgary’s Fairmont Palliser Hotel.
As a two-time recipient of the Association of Electronic Journalists awards, (2005 and 2014), Travers is an example of the remarkably successful women the Famous 5 features in its speakers series.
Among Travers’s list of career accomplishments, before joining CANADA AM, she held the position of news director at CTV Montreal along with various management roles at CBC and Global Quebec. During her career, she has overseen the programming of significant Canadian and world events, including the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York City, the Quebec Referendum, the 2004 Tsunami and the Royal weddings of Camilla and Charles and Kate and William. As well, she sat on the advisory board of the first Amber Alert program in Quebec. Travers is also the first woman to receive one of the most coveted honours in Canadian broadcasting - the Radio Television Digital News Association President’s Award.
Travers will speak candidly about her career triumphs and challenges, as well as her passion for the news that matters to her audience, the importance of mentoring and the ethical responsibilities that come with her role.
- Regular tickets are available for $85 or $850 for a table of 10 from Jan. 23 to Feb. 5
- Ticket pricing (GST and convenience fee additional)
- Register online now - capacity is limited
- Registration deadline: Thursday, Feb. 5, 2015
- Tickets are also available for the 2015 Series (all five luncheons at a discounted price).
- See Details and Bios for all Speakers
- Purchase 2015 Series (all 5 luncheons) tickets here
- Series Tickets available until Thursday, Feb. 5.